Register and Fundraise with CrowdRise
Amazon Gift Giving
Become a Facebook Fan
Standup for the Cure Facebook News Feed
Become a Sponsor and Save Lives!Please join our Expo to show your product to standup paddlers of all levels! And you may save lives too!! Dan (email@example.com) will be pleased to discuss which sponsorship level best fit your needs. Please also donate product to our silent auction - all proceeds go to OC Affiliate of Susan G Komen for the Cure.
Maui Sports Adventures
Now you can continue to learn to SUP and surf with Zane and his family and friends who live in Maui:
They also have lots of boards to rent to save you the hassle of shipping your board to Maui for your vacation :)
Watch “Standup” : The Video!!Matty Schweitzer, Zane's brother, is a fantastic sports videographer and has made this amazing movie for us all entitled "Standup" to promote and celebrate our event & cause. The video features Zane and Brennan, both of whom you'll meet on May 5th, with their female paddlesurf team sporting Victory for Women pink jerseys! Shawneen Schweitzer makes a cameo appearance too. Matty shot the video in Mexico during the recent competition won by Zane and set it to Kelby Anno's beautifully composed and recorded song dedicated to all breast cancer survivors and their families. It's 3 minutes of fun and great youthful enthusiasm! Click here to Watch it now!
All Day Parking at Newport DunesWe are happy to tell you we have a special $5 all-day parking rate for our event. Simply tell the attendant that you are registered for our event to receive this special discount.
Type II PFD’s Are Required
Show your Support! – Standup for the Cure Limited Edition Riviera Boards
Very stable cruiser that comes with traction, and a built in handle for carrying. Ideal for touring & surfs well. Order yours today as a limited amount are available. A portion of the sales is donated directly to Standup For the Cure!
Paddlers of all ages and abilities warmly welcomed, even if you have not paddled on a standup board before.
Bring your own SUP board, try boards from our participating manufacturers at the expo (demo) or rent a board for the whole day.
Breast cancer survivors will join a unique free SUP clinic with World Championship contender Zane Schweitzer and his amazing team of professionals!!
Learn how to practice Yoga on a SUP.
An amazing opportunity to bid on the latest SUP equipment and accessories, donated by our sponsors, at the silent auction. All proceeds benefit Susan G Komen OC, so bring your check book!
How are the Funds Raised used in the Fight Against Breast Cancer? A message from Judie Vivian, Volunteer OrganizerStandup for the Cure forwards 100% of the donations and proceeds from the event to the Orange County Affiliate of Susan G Komen for the Cure. The event is run by volunteers and 'Gift in Kind' donations. As noted on Komen OC's web site, 25% of all funds received go towards Breast Cancer research and Komen is the largest supporter of research in the USA . The remaining 75% is for Breast Health Services for local women. The Komen Grant process: RFP's are submitted by local clinics to Komen OC for grants to be able to offer breast health services to under-insured or uninsured women. These grant applications are carefully reviewed by the Komen OC Grant Review Committee and if approved and granted, their performance is carefully monitored all year to ensure proper use of those funds per their RFP commitments. The Grant are awarded each December and you are most welcome to attend the breakfast to meet each of the grantees and hear first hand about their programs. Last year Komen OC granted over $1 million to local clinics! On average, a donation of $125 covers the cost of a mammogram, but there are also many other ways Komen OC helps women undergoing treatment such as helping them with hats, wigs and scarves while undergoing chemotherapy, outreach education programs to encourage early detection and support groups. As a breast cancer survivor myself, I feel that this is the most effective use of our funds raised and am committed to the fight against breast cancer for all of us, since 1 in 8 are diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime while only 1 in 5 have health insurance in Orange County. I have served on Komen OC's Grant Review Committee and now serve on their Board of Directors so that I can be absolutely sure of how and where our donation funds are spent. Frankly this is a lot now I'm 64 but I'm determined to make a difference for women and breast cancer survivors and hope that the Standup for the Cure approach will help raise awareness and educate younger people about the importance of early detection and what to do if they have no health insurance. Let us know your ideas on how we can make the difference in this important fight against breast cancer. Mahalo! Judie
About Komen OC
Contact UsFor more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org